Motorcoach Safety Protocols
When on the road with Destination America, your guests can travel with the utmost confidence in their health and safety. Understanding the concerns of travelers, DA has implemented enhanced hygiene protocols, following the latest guidance from CDC, WHO and other relevant health and government authorities.
DA has taken the below steps onboard our motorcoaches:
- Travel Directors, Local Specialists and Drivers are monitored for health as mandated before they start each shift. Our Travel Directors are also trained in the latest protocols and regulations so they can help guests navigate local requirements on and off the coach.
- Where desired and appropriate we are making Wellbeing Directors available who are trained under CDC guidelines. Wellbeing Directors assist with the day-by-day implementation of distancing, cleaning, sanitization and local requirements. By taking care of all those aspects behind the scenes, they allow Travel Director and Group Leaders to focus on what they do best, delivering exceptional experiences to the guests
- Drivers are extensively-trained and coaches are sanitized daily, following a rigorous protocol and using approved methods and disinfectants
- All frequently touched surfaces inside the coach will be treated multiple times each day. This includes at a minimum:
- Entrance areas around the doors and the doors themselves
- Handrails including the luggage rack
- Seat surfaces, headrests, armrests, recline buttons and seat belt buckles
- Overhead controls, air vents and light switches
- Multimedia access points, power and USB outlets
- Lavatory (all surfaces)
- Sanitizer dispensers, garbage cans, lids and handles
- Hand sanitizer is provided aboard our coaches, accessible to anyone at any time
- Guests are asked to bring their own face coverings, additional masks and gloves will be readily available should the need arise
- Coaches are equipped with high-quality air filters. These are frequently inspected and sanitized and replaced regularly. Drivers are especially trained to follow the recent guidance and best practices as set by CDC to maximize fresh air aboard the vehicles
DA is committed to evolving these practices as new information becomes available. In these challenging times, you can put your confidence in the DA team, knowing we are managing the updates and adjusting our on the road operations accordingly.
We look forward to welcoming you on an unforgettable journey with these improved standards.